PADI GOPRO GREEN Divemaster Internship
Roatan Dive Academy & Subway Watersports is excited to present our initiative for a greener planet…
PADI GOPRO GREEN Divemaster Internship
One of the first and only truly environmentally oriented Divemaster Internships that allows Divemaster candidates to get involved in some of the most exciting eco-projects in and around Roatan and the Bay Islands!
PRO-tect our reef!
- Our GoPro Green Divemaster internship has a heavy focus on coral reef conservation efforts in and around the Bay Islands of Honduras. You will start your internship with a FREE Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course, gaining in depth knowledge of the complexity of the coral reef ecosystems and how you can help conserve and protect them. You will also be given other lectures, presentations & training in coral restoration, surveying, nursery maintenance, fish/coral identification & other areas of conservation.
- You will quickly become involved in all of our ongoing eco-projects including our Coral Nursery Project & the Cordelia Banks Thesis Project. Subway Watersports recently teamed up with the Coral Restoration Foundation International, a Florida-based non-profit, to help start the first two coral nurseries in Roatan, and all of Central America. We are also partnering with the Roatan Marine Park & Angela Randazzo on her thesis project based in the marine protected area of the Cordelia Banks.
- You will be working with the Roatan Marine Park and other conservation organizations around the island to help improve the current state of our reef system, including helping to reduce the invasive lionfish population, coral reef surveying, coral nursery maintenance and potential expansion, beach and ocean cleanups, turtle protection, and much more!
- Your efforts and work throughout your internship will be vital to our ongoing and future eco-projects. Upon completion of your internship, you will be presented with a certificate and documentation of your volunteer hours on our projects for use towards college or other vocational credit.
Become a PRO-fessional
- Our main goal is to certify Divemasters that will go on to work in the industry and carry forward the conservation and eco teachings learned throughout their training here. Our Instructors, Divemasters, and project specialists are all highly experienced and ready to provide all of our GoPRO GREEN Divemaster candidates with the best hands-on training available!
Hands down the BEST VALUE Divemaster Internship
Real World Experience
- We are one of the busiest dive shops in the Bay Islands, catering to a constant flow of dive package resort guests, cruise ship guests, and walk-ins from all over the island. This means you will gain invaluable REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE working with actual customers and students of all levels and abilities!
- Working hand-to-hand with some the best Divemasters and Instructors on the island, with an incomparable level of experience on Roatan and all over the world!
- Roatan diving has it all! From wrecks to walls, caverns to mounts, seahorses to sharks…fantastic diving! Honduras has the healthiest reef on the Mesoamerican Barrier according to the Report Card elaborated by Healthy Reefs for Healthy People http://www.healthyreefs.org/cms/. Oh, and warm water year round.
- We cover ALL FOUR SIDES of the island – no one else on the island can say the same!
- We are one of the only dive shops on Roatan to have TWO DIVE SHOP LOCATIONS – meaning you get the experience of working in two different operations, and experiencing the full range of diving that Roatan has to offer.
- Our location means we are the only dive shop in the Bay Islands to offer our interns a FREE trip to Pigeon Cay or Cayos Cochinos during their stay. Both locations offer pristine, untouched dive sites, and a unique opportunity to see the outer islands that not many get to visit.
- We also organize intern group trips to see the Garifuna cultural dances and ceremonies in the east end village of Punta Gorda, mangrove tours and other intern day trips no other shops offer!
Best Divemasters and Instructors to learn from
- Our Divemasters and Instructors have hundreds of thousands of dives on Roatan’s reef combined. You will be learning from experts in the field who are used to working with interns to impart their knowledge and training in a friendly and professional manner.
Unique Conservation Focus
- We are the only dive shop in Roatan to collaborate with Coral Restoration Foundation International to start the FIRST CORAL NURSERY in the Bay Islands and all of Central America. Conservation efforts are a top priority at our dive shop and we work closely with the Roatan Marine Park and other conservation organizations around the island to ensure our precious reef is preserved.
- You will start by gaining your Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty for FREE, gaining an in depth knowledge of the complexity of the reef ecosystems and how you can help conserve these vital systems.
- As a Divemaster intern you will have the unique opportunity to help care for and protect these nurseries, gaining an education and understanding of how to install and maintain them.
- Use your hours for school credit or volunteer hours!
All Inclusive Programs with NO hidden fees
- Our program makes your life easy! We take care of everything from your pick-up at the Roatan airport or ferry all the way through to your drop off at the end! Everything you need is included in your internship as follows:
- Pick up from the Airport or Ferry port when you arrive
- Accommodation in Subway’s intern house in the town of Brick Bay (more information below)
- Transportation to and from the dive resorts on training days.
- Unlimited diving during your courses
- Staff lunch at the resort
- Equipment rental
- PADI material in your language (please pre-order a minimum of 8 weeks in advance of your arrival, but ONLY IF you require a language other than English)
- FREE Pigeon Cay or Cayos Cochinos trip
- Opportunity to study and work in Roatan’s ONLY coral nursery
- PADI AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course Certification (a $100 value)
- Roatan’s shark dive at extremely discounted rates
- Mentorship and instruction through your courses
- Huge discounts on all PADI Speciality Courses
- Huge discounts on retail dive equipment